Welcome

Welcome to Stacey Nicole Photography. I am a wedding and portrait photographer. Feel free to look around and contact me at anytime. I would love to hear from you. Let me know if you would like to have me capture memories of your special day for you to enjoy for years to come. May God bless your day.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Apple Pie Night? Yes Please!

Hotchkiss Apple Pie Night next week. Start collecting apples from the cafeteria each time to go and drop them off in the container so we have enough for next week’s event! Having never been here at school for this tradition I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but I did what I was told. We are allowed to take one piece of fruit from the cafeteria with us every time we leave. Each day I would grab one of the shiny green apples and promise myself I wouldn’t eat it. Two apples a day times the two hundred students who live in the Hotchkiss dorm plus the extra students outside the dorm that help us out because they want some pie too equals lots and lots of scrumptious apples. I watched as the mountain grew and grew until the bins couldn’t contain the yummy fruit anymore. Finally Tuesday came and the whole dorm smelled like cinnamon and gooey apples all wrapped up in flaky crust. We baked sixty-two apple pies and ate thirty-some of them in our Resident Director’s apartment that night. The rest were spread out to the other dorms, our security team and the faculty to spread a little seasonal love. The night was full of way too many college students crammed into an apartment, hot apples and vanilla ice cream, and lots of laughter and music. As much as I miss home, I love the two hundred people I currently call family. There is a lot of personalities and love and friendship and I couldn’t ask for better!

No comments:

Post a Comment