Welcome

Welcome to Stacey Nicole Photography. I am a wedding and portrait photographer. Feel free to look around and contact me at anytime. I would love to hear from you. Let me know if you would like to have me capture memories of your special day for you to enjoy for years to come. May God bless your day.

Monday, November 15, 2010

My Boots Don't Have Straps!

This week has been a funny one. That is what I told myself last night. Its the only explanation I could come up with. It hasn't really been funny but what is very far beyond the point. Last week I was frustrated with my work and that fact that I'm in a season of life that doesn't allow me the luxuries I want in my work. I decided to pull up my boot straps and quit making excuses and get to work. Well, my boots don't have straps- rather the soles are falling apart but continue to wear them constantly because I love them- but I have gotten to work. And boy have I been blessed by the support I've had. I had some sessions the last two weeks that have taught me more about photography than any other ones I taken in the past year. What a blessing! The lessons where two extremely different ones but they taught me the same general principle. I LOVE taking pictures and capturing moments and I ought to be extra grateful that God has blessed me with the opportunity to do. I am so glad that I am learning this lesson.

Not only am I thankful for the lesson but I am also thankful for the realization I had about the people around me. I have people in my life that love me way beyond the call of duty and I couldn't be more grateful. I was walking by myself today from one class to the next because I'm a nerd and I tell myself that I really, really like the solitude. Riiight! I am really just a nerd that never knows what to say- I'm working on it! I got a phone call while I was walking. It was Christian. He was on the second story of the building above me and could see me. Walking. All alone. Needless to say I'm sure he felt sorry for me. Really though, he's sweet. He wanted me to know that I wasn't alone. He loved me and would have been walking with me if he could have. I know! I know! Sweetest thing ever, right? I am blessed beyond words to have him.

The call made me realize that I am not alone in work either. I have my fiance and my family and peers and friends cheering me on! Thank you to each of you who has done so. I appreciate it more that you could possibly imagine. And since, a photography blog should have pictures, here is a quick look at the family shoot I had the privilege of shooting yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment